Saturday, November 1, 2008

Looking For....

I find myself fascinated by "missed connections" websites!! I learned about them two weeks ago from a random article on MSN. So, once or twice a week, out of curiosity and just plain nosiness, I read some of the postings.

People Seeking People.....

Some get on to apologize....
Others are looking for old friends.....
Postings full of hurt and disappointment; others overflowing with hope.....
Many are desperate attempts to repair a shattered relationship......
Even some postings that are on-going fights......
However, the vast majority are from people who saw or talked to someone at a random moment on a random day in a random situation. They want to connect, to get to know that someone better, to satisfy a curiosity. They are anonymous - these posters. Safe risk-takers....

I understand why these sites are so popular. We all want someone to be searching for us. We want to have made an impression, a difference. We long to be noticed. It's a heady thought. Hope-filled and mind-filling: someone somewhere is looking for me.

We feel validated when we are pursued. Whether it is a friend that wants to go to dinner, a coworker who's day is better because you're there, a family member who just misses your presence or a romantic interest that longs to spend time with you because of your "you-ness" - our hearts and minds are enchanted and enthralled. We are filled with the contentment of knowing we are pursued.

And so, I smile, laugh, sigh and cringe for those anonymous posters. I hope for them what I so often hope for myself. I wonder if one day I'll read a posting of someone looking for me; because, at heart, we all long to be found.

4 comments:

cnhenigin said...

Wow. a lot of truth in that posting, sis. we do try to be safe risk-takers. it seems to me we can be one or the other. either safe...or risk-takers. i love that you're doing a blog, by the way!

Patti said...

I'll be an avid reader of your musings.

Anonymous said...

sweetness.
youre so deep and profound...someday your name will be famous world wide as the new "daniel webster." lol ;)
love you

QuestionComfort said...

i love that you are finally writing these amazing things that i hear from your mouth. you have a gift with words my friend...and i love that we're blog buddies (such nerds). it's okay..i embrace the nerdiness. anyway, good thoughts...we ARE found. trusting that is the hard part.

love ya