Thursday, May 7, 2009

a safe place

Today is rough going. It's one of those days where everything seems somewhat bleak. Up, down, right, left, over, under, through - - - - my emotions have been all over the place and not without valid reason. Sometimes the grace and goodness of God are amazingly tangible. This is not one of those times.

This is one of those times where I have to believe even when circumstances would initiate doubt. I have to cling to the fact that He wants only the best for me, that He rejoices over me with singing, that I am engraved on the palms of His hands. As buffetted as my feelings and emotions have been, He is still my safe place. I must learn to rest.....

3 comments:

Jules Qualls said...

You and me both, sister! I've been living right here for the past 6 months, clinging desperately and reciting His Word to remind me of the Truth I'm so prone to block out. I wish I could say it's getting better. All I do know is that our God is teaching me something bigger than I can begin to see, and I'm just curled up at His feet and hanging on. You hold tight yourself. Bless you, sweetie! I'm praying for you.

cnhenigin said...

resting is one of the hardest things to do. love you, girl.

Corrie said...

Thanks, Jules! Let the good times roll, huh?? Love you too, Kermit.