Monday, January 4, 2010

If "Change" is the Norm Would "No Change" Be the Exception

The holidays are officially over - at least for a little while. It was extremely difficult to drag myself out from underneath my very warm blankets this morning. Snooze was hit multiple times, and Mollie was snuggled up against my legs, quite content to sleep a little longer. Oh, Mondays......

So the big news is that I will be starting a new job on January 18th. Although I am sad to be leaving my sweet friends at NTIDC, I am really excited about this new opportunity. I will be one of the research coordinators at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth. There are so many reasons that I feel this job is going to be a great "fit" for me.

1.) The nerd part of me that loves to see research happening and loves to see the results will be oh,so very happy!
2.) I am FINALLY getting back to the pediatric world. I have really missed working with kiddos.
3.) I will get to utilize different aspects of my Master's degree.
4.) My commute will go from almost 3 hours a day to approximately 45 minutes. I will get my life back (and hopefully by rear back in shape :)
5.) There's a Starbucks IN the hospital!!

The list goes on and on.....

Other changes - - - - - Mom, Dad and Natalie will be moving out of the country near the end of February. This is always so difficult for me. I'm such a family gal.... Thankfully, God has graciously provided some dear friends and families that live very close to me. So glad they will be there to help me through the "missing".

Nate and Joy's baby girl is due near the end of this month or the beginning of next month (or whenever she decides to pop out). The contest for "favorite aunt" begins. I have the one-up on the other gals because I live closest!

One of the roomies is getting married this summer, so Lisa, Erin and I are on the hunt for someone new. Helping with all the crazy wedding planning and travel plans... Lisa will be getting a puppy in the spring so that she won't go into withdrawals when Buddy moves out with Tonya. Hopefully the new dog will be more of playmate for Mollie than Buddy has been. Of course, Buddy is still trying to learn to be a dog. He occasionally thinks he's a cat.

As of right now, that's about it, but there are still 361 days for that change. Hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed holiday season.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I've been waiting for pictures of your new niece!! How is the new job going?

Corrie said...

nate won't allow any pics put online :P you know nate....